Friday, August 31, 2012

Maroon 5 Overexposed: Completely Overexposed

Like most of other people, the voyage of enjoying Maroon 5's latest album "Overexposed" started with "Payphone". Which a friend said isn't pulling Maroon 5 to its best because of Wiz Khalifa presence. I, personally, enjoyed screaming 'Man fuck that shit" during the song. So I am totally OK with it.


After that, following its publicity strategy, moving to the second single "One More Night". No, I wasn't hooked on the first try. But after listening to people playing it, it sort of cling to your brain. Which I love. A lot. Singing it with lyrics made me fall deeper in love with this semi-reggae song. Funny, at first, I disliked this song for the reggae influence but then, I found it quite amusing.

As I browsed "One More Night" lyrics, I read some of the song titles in the album. I do judge a song by its title. Some titles just hooked me right away. So I did a little youtube research for it.

My oh my had I found myself...completely overexposed.

Every single song is fascinatingly attractive. Whoever picked the album title worth a praise. The title is the adjective you'd be searching for upside down after you listened the whole album. The feelings in this album is so delicate, sincere, pure and....overexposed.

And it is reasonable to call it a voyage. What I truly felt when I listened to the songs, is as if my heart was floating in a deep water, so buoyant. The water messed up with my feelings in a good way. Embracing it and carrying it away from side to side. From happy to sad. Just...swaying it. 

Another masterpiece by Maroon 5. Praise. Cheers. Yiasas. Gan bei.








Current Favorite:

1. Sad
2. Wipe Your Eyes
3. Love Somebody
4. One More Night
5. Daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment